We use our toothbrushes every day to effectively clean our teeth and freshen our breath. Did you not there is a right and wrong way to take care of your toothbrush? It is essential to learn the appropriate ways to store, maintain and care for your toothbrush. If you are not caring for you toothbrush appropriately, it can affect your overall health, irritate the gums, and even harm your teeth.
Toothbrush Care Tips
At Dr. Lee’s Beautiful Smiles in Memphis, TN, Dr. Elizabeth Lee focuses on patient wellness and education. Teaching our patients the proper oral health techniques can benefit them in the long run. In this post, we will share some of the best ways to care for your toothbrush.
- Don’t share your toothbrush. Even one time can transfer germs and viruses from person to person.
- Try to replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months. Your toothbrush may begin to break down or fray, making it less effective.
- Rinse or soak your toothbrush in an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Clean your toothbrush with water after each use to get rid of debris and food particles.
- Keep your toothbrush in an upright position to allow for proper drainage.
- Don’t store your toothbrush in a closed space. The toothbrush can breed bacteria which can be hazardous to your health.
- Keep your toothbrush away from the toilet to avoid contamination.
Schedule An Appointment
If you have any questions regarding your oral health or you would like to schedule a visit to our Memphis, TN dental office. Dr. Lee can work with you to develop a plan that addresses all your dental needs. We recommend patients visit our Memphis dental office at least twice a year for routine preventive care exams. As an experienced dentist, Dr. Lee can identify and treat any dental issues during your preventive care exam. To learn more about our services, call or schedule an appointment online.